Effective Date: 05/02/2019
Samsung Knox offers a comprehensive mobile security solution for business and personal use by providing additional security and protection for the operating system.
Information We Obtain
Through Samsung Knox.We obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal data we obtain include:
- Device and App Information. We collect data through automated means about your Samsung Knox-enabled devices, such as device data and identifier(s), device software version, OS version, device models, and other unique identifiers. We also collect data about your apps, such as package name, package version, and hash data of the application. In addition, we may obtain data about how, when, and for how often you use your Samsung Knox-enabled devices, including your usage of Samsung Knox.
Samsung’s servers may receive data when you interact with Samsung Knox, such as data about your use of Samsung Knox and your interactions with Samsung Knox.
How We Use the Data We Obtain
We use the data we obtain through the Service to:
- provide you with the Services
- improve the Services
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analysing our products, customer base and services; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
Samsung processes personal data for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is: necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Samsung (for example, to provide you with the Services); necessary for Samsung’s legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the Services).
You are required, in order to enter into a contract, to provide us with personal data for processing as described above. If you do not provide us with personal data, we will not be able to provide you all of the features available through Samsung Knox.
Samsung, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and our third party service providers also may disclose data about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, dissolution, or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
International Data Transfer
Retention of Personal Data
We take appropriate steps to ensure that data about you is retained based on the following:
1. For at least the duration for which the data is used to provide you with the Service;
2. as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
3. only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request access to, the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact our data protection support service department at https://www.europe-samsung.com/gdpr/webform/at.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Services against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, interference, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Samsung also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
How to Contact Us
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongton-gu
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
Samsung Electronics has offices across Europe, so we can ensure that your request or query will be handled by the data protection team based in your region.
The easiest way to contact us is through our Privacy Support Page at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
You can also contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT 16 0PS
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU supervisory authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.