Last updated: 6 November 2020
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Through Samsung Knox, we obtain and maintain information about you in various ways.
Information About Your Use of Knox
We will collect information about your use of our Knox through software on your Knox-enabled devices and by other means. We will collect:
• Device and app information, such as device identifiers and other unique identifiers, device software version, OS version, device models, application package name, application package version and hash data of the application.
• Information about your usage of Knox, including how, when and how often you use your devices and Knox. Samsung’s servers will receive information when you interact with Knox, such as information about your use of Knox and your interactions with Knox.
• With your separate consent, application logs to identify and diagnose errors with Knox. We will explain more in detail on the types of data collected and used in the separate consent.
We also may collect other information about you, your devices and apps and your use of Knox in ways that we describe to you at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
• register and authenticate you or your device for Knox activation and manage Knox licences;
• provide Knox framework and its features and services;
• respond to your requests, enquiries and instructions made through or about Knox;
• operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products, enhancing and improving our products and the services; managing our communications; analysing our products, customer base and services; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
• analyse our products and services to help us better understand our customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, services and experiences to you;
• provide software updates, maintenance services and support for Knox;
• protect the rights, property or safety of Samsung Electronics, or any of our affiliates, business partners or customers.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will disclose your information internally within our business and to the following entities, but only for the purposes described above.
• Affiliates: other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own;
• Business partners: partners who we work together with to provide you with Samsung Knox. These business partners control and manage your personal information;
• Service providers: carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as cloud platform providers who maintain data on our behalf. These providers are also committed to protecting your information;
• Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect Knox: for example, it may be necessary by law, legal process or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism or other issues that are related to public security;
• Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: we may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale or in the event of bankruptcy; and